Monday 28 November 2011

My first ever collage

This is my first attempt of creating a collage

Even though I’ve already been in my flat for 4 months, I’m still constantly needing, wanting, buying, finding and making new things to make my home the perfect place to come home to in the evenings after a long day at work.

I used 2 different thicknesses of paper and paste. As for my interior accessories I’m really into deep reds with blotches of turquoise I was delighted to find ‘Bethge Hamburg’s Klatschmohn wrapping paper – which is a thick paper with reddish poppies on a light turquoise underground. With a transparent paste I glued / painted over dark red fine silky paper. And voila, that’s how it turned out.
My boyf was so charming and said that it kinda looked like it was my first try... :)  Never mind, I think I will hang it up nonetheless as I’m fed up with the naked and bare walls! However, before I do that I need a frame... (watch this space)

the result 
A brush and paste is what you need


Klatschmohn wrapping paper by Bethge Hamburg

5 comments:

  1. beautiful !


    And I ask you if follow me also here because my google give me a problems :((
    BLOGLOVIN

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    kiss
    Erika
    My Free Choice

    Erika Boldrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Lara that´s so pretty! Show us the final results when you hang it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love little DIY artwork projects - they add happiness to any home! :)

    -j
    TORY BURCH GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is amazing! <3 You are so talented girl! :)

    Ellen Tracy Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete