Monday 19 August 2013

My first yoga post


I love yoga! I've been telling my friends for the last couple of years that in my heart I'm a complete yogini and in my mind I do yoga every minute of the day :-) 
Truth and fact is, I don't do yoga every day and a real yogini would probably say that I'm not a yogini at all...

Even if it's my first yoga post today - it's not the first time I've come across yoga. I've probalby went to my first yoga lesson in my fitness studio in 2002 - in Munich, Martinsried. I really enjoyed it but didn't really stick to it until I moved to Manchester. I started going to yoga lessons a couple of days a week and really could feel and see a difference in my body and mind. When I moved to London I carried on doing Yoga, however I didn't quite find a teacher as good as I had in Manchester. 

In yoga I found a passion I had last during the age of 3 to 18 when I did modern/jazz dance.

Well, since I'm back in Munich now since 2010, I've tried god-knows-how-many yoga studios until I found the one I like the most. Some were too snobby and schmicki-micki (as the Germans say for stuck up) for me, others far too much spiritual and sect-like. Well, since 2013 I've finally found a place where I love going to yoga lessions. http://woyo.de/
To be frank and honest with you I'm still not a every-day-yogi, more like a once-or-twice-a-week-yogi but things will change ...

I'm so excited as I'm acutally going to start a yoga teacher training course in October. I really don't know where this whole thing is going to take me - all I know is that I'm doing it just for myself - to feel good, to enjoy myself, have a good time and learn more about me & my body.

As you can see from my previous old posts, I'm quite into aesthetics. They of course don't mean everything to me - but I do believe they make things pretty & fun :-)

Hence my burgundy red Mulberry handbag and my matching yoga matt holdall (which I got from my friend as a birthday present):

Let's start!

No comments:

Post a Comment